Chitika

Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Goals for Year 2005

I'm currently trying to define a workplan for the year 2005, where I could bring the company to a higher level in terms of performing software development tasks. There are a lot of things that will need improvements, both on the technical aspect and process/methodologies. Can anyone point me out to a good resource of where to find the best resources for SDLC, processes, and methodologies?

Four major goals I have for the year 2005:
1. SOP, Guidelines & Best Practices for the SDLC
2. Cross-Projects Review based on #1
3. Component libraries from previous projects
4. Support new projects with better SOP, Guidelines, Best Practices, Reviews & Component Libraries

Currently, I find difficulty in which to do first. I believe I should nail #1 down first, then the rest would be easier (more feasible). The company itself is trying to get a SW-CMM Level 3 or 4, so maybe defining #1 may just align with the effort of going SW-CMM itself.

Anyone has a better idea?
It's like having a great chance to start your own company, from scratch, but with experiences (hard earned experiences).
I need to get this one correctly, otherwise I might end up losing another 4-5 years of my life doing something which I might regret.


Further Reading:
CMMI Distilled: A Practical Introduction to Integrated Process Improvement, Second Edition
CMM in Practice: Processes for Executing Software Projects at Infosys

1 comment:

  1. You've got a good point in your last posting. Most people would not get it, but the way you explained ultimate goal, it makes all the sense in the world. I should know because I post similar information about ultimate goal.

    ReplyDelete