Chitika

Tuesday, December 13, 2005

A better work in the next 5 years?

Since highschool, I always believe that I need to keep on learning in order to stay alive. The same with my line of work. I'm trying to keep myself up-to-date with what might be a valid source of income for the next years to come. I've been trying to keep myself to think that I need to be able to find myself a good, if not better, work in the next 5 years.

My current choice is a Bachelor Degree in Computer Science & Java. I know I need to upgrade myself with a Master Degree, either in Management or Business Adm., and I need to learn Ruby (from the look of it). And it must happen within the next 1-2 years.

Reading Joel's list of books that he requires an MBA candidate to learn, I notice that not a single book from that list I've read. It's been more than a year since my last intention to read one Java-related book, from cover to cover, in two months. But, it's never been a successful story.

Now, Joel is expecting an MBA candidate to read one book every two weeks at a constant pace, for the next three years. It's just incredible. The pace that every persons in this world are running is just incredible. I'm running all the time, and yet it seems the finish line is running faster than I am.

I wonder if anyone feels the same as I do..

No comments:

Post a Comment